Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK
If you’re wondering why a sleep site would care about dimmer switches, let us explain: the lighting in your home, especially in your bedroom, directly affects your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
The easiest way to explain this complicated biological process is that bright lights in the evening can mess up your circadian rhythms while dimming the lights in the evening can make it easier for you to fall asleep.
Author – Alex Grint
Publishing Date – May 17, 2022
Last Updated Date – December 8, 2022
Because of this, we think it would be suitable for everyone to be able to change how bright their lights are. So we put this list of the best dimmer switches together to help you do just that! No matter what kind of light switch you like, we’ve included options to please all tastes and make your bedroom more relaxing.
In this article, I will go through the entire process of selecting the Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK step by step. I will be adding new products until we reach our final decision. Hope you can use this as a reference for making a decision.
Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK Quick Comparison Table
1. Iolloi LED Dimmer Switch 2 Gang
2. Smart Spring Single Led Dimmer Switch
3. Iolloi Led Dimmer-Switch For Dimmable Led
4. Bg Electrical Intelligent Dimmer Light Switch
5. Ajwonderful Rotary Trailing Edge Dimmer Switch
6. Zigtiger Dimmer Switch For Dimmable Led Lights
7. Lowenergie Led Dimmer Light Switch
8. Candeo Dimmer Switch For Led Lights
9. Cnbingo Single Dimmer Black Touch Light Switch
10. Bseed Smart Light Switch Single Wifi Dimmer Touch Switch
How were we tested?
We recommend these products based on an intensive research process that’s Instruction quality and Value for money. We’ve enlisted the help of experts to help us make these choices, and we’ve spent a lot of time doing so.
Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK Buying Guide
Things to think about when picking the best dimmer switch. You need to know how the switch works, what kind of bulb it uses, and how many watts it can handle before choosing the right dimmer switch for your home and lighting needs.
Style of Control
When it comes to using a dimmer, you have a few different options.
- Rotary: A rotary dimmer has a round knob that you press to turn on or off the light and turn to change how bright it is.
- Toggle: This type looks like a regular switch and has a small slider next to it that controls how bright the light is.
- Rocker: This switch has a flat, wide on/off button. It looks more modern and understated. A small slider next to the button changes how bright the light is, just like a toggle switch.
- Tap: A tap dimmer switch is a small flat panel you tap with your finger to turn the light on or off. You can turn down the lights with a small rocker switch on the side of the panel.
- Scene selector: This dimmer lets you control all the lights in a room from a single dimmer. This switch lets you create different looks or scenes for activities like taking a nap or cooking dinner by layering the lights.
Type of Bulb
Dimmers will work with incandescent, halogen, LED, and CFL bulbs, but you need to ensure that the bulbs you use are compatible with dimmers. You can dim most incandescent and halogen bulbs, but not all LED and CFL bulbs can.
Make sure you use a dimmable LED or CFL bulb. The light may flicker or buzz at lower intensities if you don’t. If you use a standard CFL bulb with a dimmer, the bulb won’t last as long, and the dimmer could get damaged.
LED and CFL dimmable bulbs save a lot of energy and work well with dimmers. The downside is that they might not go as low as incandescent bulbs. CFL bulbs, for example, can only be turned down to about 20% of their full brightness. LEDs can only be dimmed to about 30 per cent, but some dimmers made for LEDs have a more comprehensive range.
Incandescent bulbs are very good at dimming so that you can turn them down to deficient levels. The problem with them is that they use a lot more energy and make a lot of heat.
Before buying a dimmer switch, you need to know how many watts it can handle. All dimmer switches have ratings that tell you how many watts they can handle at most.
For example, a dimmer switch that can handle up to 250 watts of LED and 600 watts of incandescent bulbs can handle up to 50 5-watt LED bulbs or ten 60-watt incandescent bulbs. Make sure you figure out the total wattage of the lights in the room where You will use the dimmer and that the dimmer can handle the load.
The smart tech
You can now control lights with your phone, which is just one more thing you can do. Smart dimmers can connect to iOS, Alexa, Google, and Android devices, so you can control your lights with your phone, your voice, or even from hundreds of miles away. You can also use this technology to automatically set your lights to dim or brighten at certain times.
Even though it might seem challenging, a screwdriver is all you need to install a dimmer. Most dimmer switches come with clear instructions on the wire of the new switch.
Like any other time, it’s essential to follow safety rules when working with electricity. To avoid getting shocked by electricity, you should always turn off the circuit breaker before working on it.
Types of Dimmer Switches
When looking for a dimmer switch, it’s essential to know the different kinds on the market. You should make sure the one you buy works with the light fixture it will be controlling.
Single-Pole Dimmers: The number of terminals on a switch is called its “pole.” A single-pole dimmer switch has two ends that can turn on or off one circuit. This type of switch won’t work for lights that We can turn on and off from more than one place. For example, a hall light with a switch at the bottom of the stairs and another switch at the top won’t work with this type of switch.
Three-way and four-way dimmers: A 3-way dimmer has three connections, while a 4-way switch has four connections. You can add more switches to the circuit by connecting them to these extra terminals. For example, if you want to control a light with two switches, you need a 3-way dimmer. A 4-way dimmer is needed for a light that has three switches. If you have a 3-way or 4-way dimmer switch, you should only have one on the circuit.
Dimmers in multiple places: Multilocation dimmer switches enable you dim lights in multiple locations on the same circuit. This dimmer works with 3-way switches, other compatible dimmers, remotes, and innovative home systems. Any device on the circuit can modify the lights’ brightness. This is a beautiful choice if you want a manual dimmer switch plus a voice-controlled intelligent dimmer. You can connect a multilocation dimmer to nine dimmers. This dimmer switch offers an on/off and brightness adjustment.
Plug-In Dimmers: Plug-in dimmers allow lamps and other light fixtures that plug into a standard 115-volt outlet to be dimmed. This kind of dimmer plugs into a regular electrical outlet. When you plug the lamp into the dimmer, you can turn it down by connecting the device via Bluetooth to a smartphone, Alexa, or another smart device. Once the lights are connected, you can use voice control to turn them on and off.
Common Question about Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK
Do dimmers save electricity?
Yes! Changing how much different light bulbs give off also changes how much electricity is needed to light those bulbs. So turning down the lights makes it easier to sleep, but it can also save energy.
Do you have to use a special dimmer switch for LED lights?
You’ll need to look for a dimmer switch that works with LEDs, just like you would with any other type of light bulb. Dimmer switches that work with LEDs have become more prevalent as LEDs have grown in popularity. Just make sure that the switch says that you can use it with LEDs. You may also need to buy LED bulbs that you can turn down to work with a dimmer switch.
How do you wire a dimmer switch?
Once you have taken off the old dimmer, straighten the wires so you can connect them to the new dimmer. Connect the green or bare copper wire on the ground to the box. Connect the black, red, or white wires from the house to the black, red, or white wires from the dimmer box with wire connectors. Make sure no bare wires are showing.
Can you put any light on a dimmer switch?
It depends. Once yoDo you have to use a special dimmer switch for LED lights?u know which light you want to put on a dimmer switch, you’ll need to find a dimmer switch that works with the bulb type in that light. Different dimmer switches can work with halogen, incandescent, compact fluorescent, and LED bulbs, but not all switches can work with these types of bulbs.
Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK Final Words
With a working dimmer switch, you can control how bright your bedroom and living room are. When you make it a habit to turn down the lights every night, it can help you sleep better. So even if buying dimmer switches isn’t the most exciting home improvement, it’s still worth your time!
Did you find Mojo Pro’s Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK helpful? Were you looking for the same things or planning to buy them? Please Share this article with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments. Also, don’t forget to say which brand you’re using to get the best results.
People who help us make a list of the Best Dimmer Switch For Led Lights UK.
I’m Alex, MojoPro.UK editor. Get my electrical and advanced electrical diploma from Apex Technical School, NYC. The school curriculum emphasizes electrical safety, breakers and fuses, blueprints, grounding, outlets, splicing, and bonding. I enjoy testing and playing with electrical devices outside of work. Contact me at alex@john
- Best Corded Stick Vacuum UK Top ListWe Found that Every month around hundred people search on the different search engines for “Best Corded Stick Vacuum UK”…
- Best Cordless Steam Mop UK Top ListWe Found that Every month around a hundred people search on different search engines for “Best Cordless Steam Mop UK”…
- Best Humidifier For Sinus UK Top ListWe Found that Every month around a hundred people search on different search engines for “Best Humidifier For Sinus UK”…
- Best Dehumidifier And Air Purifier UK Top ListWe Found that Every month around a hundred people search on different search engines for “Best Dehumidifier And Air Purifier…
- Best Portable Car Air Conditioner UK Top ListWe Found that Every month around hundred people search on the different search engines for “Best Portable Car Air Conditioner…
- Best Heater And Cooling Fan Combo UK Top ListWe Found that Every month around a hundred people search on different search engines for “Best Heater And Cooling Fan…